Bill challenged Dave and Carmen to a MENSA Practice Test. He gave them the challenge by asking the first 2 questions from this list:
1. What number is missing from this sequence? 4 9 16 25 36 ? 64
2. Which four letter word can be attached to the beginning of the following words to form five longer words? AGE WIDTH IT STAND WAGON
3. Rearrange the letters of 'ANY TIME' to give a seven letter word. What is it?
4. Replace the blanks in this sentence with two three letter words. The same three letters must be used for both words. What are they? The woman decided to BLANK a well-known firm of solicitors to BLANK for compensation.
5. What is the value of the top row of the grid?
6. If FP = 10 and HX = 16 what does DS = ?
7. What number should replace the question mark?
8. What letter should appear next in this sequence? L K J H ?
9. Name the fish with both eyes on the left side of it's head?
1. 49. They are all square numbers
4. Use and sue
5. 125. A = 20, B = 30 and C = 45
6. 15. The number is the amount of alphabetical places between the first and second letter
7. 4. Multiply the first number by the second number to give the third and fourth numbers
8. G. These letters appear from right to left on the middle row of a keyboard
9. Turbot (and not Halibut)